Is this popular outside Japan, too?

http://www.kinesiotaping.com/default.asp...nesiotaping.com

I hurt my knee again yesterday after 70km bicycle ride and couldn't walk up and down the stairs. My mom gave me Kinesio tape and an instruction book and I tried it after bath last night. This works very well. My knee is much better today.

The instruction book says this taping works for not only sports injury but also hangover, stuffy nose... interesting isn't it?

btnleft-05.jpg

I know the feeling. I rode from Aizu Wakamatsu to Sado ga shima once. When we got there, the tendons in my knee flared up so badly I couldn't walk (not to mention riding back to Aizu). My friends and I had to rent a truck to haul me and my bike back home.

In my case, taping and braces don't help. Only lots of ice and ibuprofin before and after do any good.

I just re-read your first post. 70k? You don't happen to bike on that path along Arakawa River, do you?

haha yes, I went for Arakawa ride yesterday. I haven't biked longer than 40km for more than two months because of my left knee. But I felt my knee was getting better and decided to go. It was about 70km from my place, now I know about 50-60km is my limit. Have you ridden with us before?

Think you have me mistaken for the pink anarchist hello kitty guy. I had a real bike back then, but that trip kinda convinced me that I wouldn't be going on any real rides ever again so I haven't owned one since.

Besides, I like having a basket for my baubles.

No tour for me. I don't think I can do it with my weak knee. When I ride outside Tokyo like Oshima or Miura, I take my bike on the ferry or train. I have a nice road bike but I'm not a serious cyclist, just enjoy bike and beer or beer and bike. \:\)

Yeah, I like beer too. I've lived on Shikoku for a while and it's a great place to do cycle touring and you don't have to be too 'hard core' to enjoy it. Unfortunately at the moment, my bike is rusting in the parking lot. I'll have to do something about that.

Bike and beer?

Is that after you have finished or at your half way point??

I used to do 150-250kms in the hills ( with a few bakery stops!) on saturdays in my prime but beer was always left for when I got home. Great thing is 1 beer after that kind of ride and pretty much your pissed!