Now I am plan trip to New Zealand for next summer months. It is fun to find out information about it.

When I was looking I found some information about restaurant. I noticed some restaurant says "licensed restaurant". What does that mean? Do not all restaurant need license for operation?

Thank you!

Licensed means they are permitted to serve alcohol to customers. (Usually, customers are not permitted to take their own in)

Unlicensed restaurants mean they are NOT allowed to sell alcohol, but customers can take alcohol into the place.

Unlicensed places usually have cheaper priced food because they don't need to pay for an expensive liquor license.

purenz.com has good info in many languages, including Japanese. It's run by the NZ government tourism promotion department. Unlicensed restaurants will usually charge a small fee for opening your bottles of wine, but they're good value anyway.

We used to go with dozens of beers, spirits etc in my misspent youth. Have a cheap meal and get hammered for the same price as sitting at home. Good times \:D

Are you going to miss the season this year I'm Sexy?

ahhhh hey sunrise. havent chatted in ages!! Im in gisborne...chardonnay capital of NZ...oh and the best surfing and beaches too!! probably a bit far to travel unless you can get cheap tickets down. well let me know when you will be heading this way and I might be able to head up there for some RnR.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah everythings going well here sunrise. working hard but enough time to take that 10 minute trek down to the beach for a surf every 2nd or 3rd day. gotta love that! and my strawberry and tomato plants are growing strong..yummy. anyway gimme a yell when you do come down..approx dates and I'll try to get some time off work. do the tour guide thing