• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been up north for 4 days with the Fam. I escaped those naaarsty westerlies.

Scored some small fun waves at north Boomers and Treach. (koko will know these.)

Friday morn in the carpark it was 6 deg. with a 15kt SWer blowing. The water was 17 deg. So Indo if you move over here mate, thats as bad as it gets.

lol

Still manage quite easily with a 2/3 steamer, no hood or boots.

Nice vid. thumbsup Some heavy spots there.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Originally Posted By: Mantas
Originally Posted By: Indo
@ Lakeys one morning (I was always on the 5am session!) I was out by myself for 30 mins but in a total of under 90 mins I had 20 solid waves under my belt and to today I will always remember the count.. Me 17 (deep pits) Lakeys 3 (on the head, ground into the reef on the inside!)

You did better at lakeys than me Indo. I can't remember getting too many barrels and I copped the worst flogging of my life (no confused , second worst).
I got caught inside with a solid set looming over my head and about 20 inches of water to hide in. I managed to wedge myself in a crevis in the coral but the wave just plucked me off the reef like a starfish and rolled my across about 20 meters of coral. When I came up, both my board (brand new) was snapped in halve as well as my legrope.
sadface

Hahaha good to see Im not the only one who has stood on the reef there and got a flogging. Lucky for all its just rock and not live coral ......

Yeah.... that story might have got a little embellished over the years. ashamed
In fact most breaks in Indo are rock, or lava, aren't they? The only place I can remember surfing on true coral, or coral heads, is Naraloo

Yeah.... that story might have got a little embellished over the years. ashamed
In fact most breaks in Indo are rock, or lava, aren't they? The only place I can remember surfing on true coral, or coral heads, is Naraloo

Not at all! If I had've blown it up it would be more like 50 waves!
I spent a long long time there and waves came to me flies to shiat!

Did ya like a few of the big spits in tha flick? Gotta love that spot.

No. Crossed wires here.

I was talking about my claim of being dragged along coral. Anyways, it all bloody hurts!

What was that long barrelling right? Is that a local break for you?

No. Crossed wires here.
I was talking about my claim of being dragged along coral. Anyways, it all bloody hurts!

What was that long barrelling right? Is that a local break for you?

Plenty of sharp coral in Sumartra hey boys.....I was bleeding after the 1st wave on the 1st day smile smile Just a pity no fish on them...... :(

Cracking vid... So thats your bro on the lid AND surfing??????

Mantas, I got ya.. combination of Coopers, Mclaren Vale shiraz and SA's finest!

Ze cracking right is that starts with a W is kinda local. The once that unloads it's guts is on the Yorke Peninsular and reminds me so much of Puerto Escondido.

PP.. were they fishing with TNT up there too?

Never drink and post, lol I learnt that already.

Officer, It wasn't intentional! Honest.

Yet again in the middle of a storm down here, raining and blowing a gale. Great stuff for the last week of kids holidays!

Finally got some photos through from the Law of his Mentawai trip. It looks like he scored some sick ones.

The baldness dropping into a solid one at HT's on his 6'2"

IMAGE002-1.jpg

IMAGE008-1.jpg

IMAGE010.jpg

IMAGE011.jpg

that first one at HT's is siiiiiiick.

we just had our first guests leave yesterday and i'm now officially a surf guide. i'm looking forward to putting that down on my immigration form when i get back to oz at the end of the yera. things are good here. i'll post some pics soon boys

and i'm glad to see bushy is getting into some waves in perth (he posted some pics about 3 pages back - are they at leighton mate? i love that little beachy)

Hey Spook. I thiunk I'd rather have 'Mentawai surf guide' as my ocupation than just about anything else.

The lefts were at a place called No Can Doos. is that near you Spook?

There's no end in sight to this flat spell here. At least I'm getting some work done.

Nokandui is near us (about 20min by speedboat). it gets faster and thicker as it goes down the line. All the lefts here don't have much margin for error and not much of an escape route - you just gotta make em!