mouldy apartents and humidity

Any tips for countering musty / mouldy-ness in your apartment from the humidity?

I got back from 3 weeks away to find everything smelling a bit mouldy.

I had left my food for the flight by the front door. Oops. And obviously the place has been unaired for 3 of hottest weeks of the year.

It was thoroughly cleaned before I left, and I am cleaning it all again now, but am a bit worried about the persistant musty smell, and don't want the tatami to go mouldy...

any tips for beating the humid mouldyness?

Decided to move my freezer into the tatami room last week cos there was no space in the kitchen. Yesterday I moved it to clean and there was a huge patch of mold under it. Now its in the middle of the living room where there is wooden flooring and an air conditioner. Despite what Japanese people claim, I don't think tatami is a well thought out flooring for a humid country.

I have a dehumidifier but it turns off by itself when the place is dry and then has to be manually switched on again so wouldn't work for going away. I suppose you could set the aircon to come on for 30 mins each day to dry the place out a bit when you go away.