Flying Airnz Osaka to Chch once, they served Lasagne and it was glorious, unbelievably tasty.

I waited until they had served anyone and did an Oliver Twist, sure enough I got to pig out on a second serving.

Flying Economy class one cant really whinge about the food, you are flying you ass as cheaply as you can and the airline is feeding as cheaply as they can, its simple economics.

Some airlines do a better job than others at serving up the tucker but I fly whatever is the cheapest and dont really care about the food, I am miserable enough jammed into narrow seats next to fat people and peeps with stinky feet and dicks in the seat in front who suddenly recline their seats without warning while I am eating, that I dont really care what they serve as long as its digestable and doesnt cause gas ( you will never see beans on a airline menu ;\) )

I must have been lucky or easily pleased as I have always had decent food.

If you are in business, royal silk, first, raffles or 'insert class here' class and the food is shite then I guess you are well entitiled to be put out......

well, i'd consider myself a fairly discerning eater, and i'm normally suprised at the quality of airplane food. i expect them to be terrible, but usually they're the same as TV/microwave dinners. not what i'd choose to eat, but not totally repulsive.

singapore and cathay are the best by far i reckon, and the american airlines ar easily the worst. interestingly, a long time ago singapore airlines cottoned on to the fact that providing free booze, half decent grub and exemplary service doesn't cost much more as a porportion of overall flight costs. perhaps that's got something to do with their success.

Quote:
Originally posted by spook:
a long time ago singapore airlines cottoned on to the fact that providing free booze, half decent grub and exemplary service doesn't cost much more as a porportion of overall flight costs. perhaps that's got something to do with their success.
doesnt cost much more? you would be surprised how much stuff does costs. American Airlines in the 1980's famously trimmed $40000 per year from their catering budget by eliminating just one olive from every salad. Its a fine example of how they can save a bundle by cutting corners and hence they do it all the time.

I will agree with you that Singapore has great service and food.
 Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
Must've been some expensive olives!
yeah they were first class! apparently the $40000 saving was just from cutting back one from first class alone!

back to food, the worst 'snacks' I ever experienced on abudget airline were the meagre and incredibly cheap offerings I got flying Reno Air in the States, they should have not offered them at all they were that bad and saved even more money.