Shinjo (slightly waste of time and bandwith)

He is a baseball player for the sapporo team (Nippon Ham). He tried but failed at playing for MLB for the Mets. He has charisma, I'll give him that. When he was a Met, he used to drive around the Big Apple in a Ferrari. I think his next carreer will be either the spokesman for the tanning industry or a model for really white teeth providers.

He is indeed retiring at the end of this season!!!

I have to put up with the local news talking about how he didn't wear an "undershirt" while playing last weekend..and then they pan in on his chest just incase you were interested!!

I think he's pretty funny. He started off as a bit of a showoff, but has gradually become more and more a parody of himself. When he went to the majors, the big focus was on Ichiro going as the first outfielder and how Valentine and people expected him to do well. When Shinjo said "I'm going too", everyone was really shocked. His batting average in Japan even was nowhere good enough. I think he took a massive paycut to go.

In terms of sportsman cum media whore, he absolutely pisses on David Beckham. Like Beckham, he doesn't really deliver on the field, but at least he gives the fans a good laugh.