on pain of revealing what an ignoramus i am when it comes to computers, i need some help please!

how do i clear my google search history? so that when i type the first letter of what i'm looking for, it doesn't immediately suggest what i've looked for in the past? is this my computer doing this, or google?

i'm about to start sharing my computer with someone i don't know very well, and i want my privacy...

so, have at 'er!! please. \:\)

To clear your history, open up your internet browser and go to Tools. Select Internet Options and click on 'Clear History'. You may also want to change the 'Days to keep pages in history' to 0. Also, if you really want to start afresh, delete your cookies.

To clear the AutoComplete function in Google, go to the Content tab in Internet Options and click on 'AutoComplete'. You can then clear them.

nicole - thanks. boy, do i feel like a ditz. \:\(

misorano - i wasn't until today, when i attempted to solve the history problem by unistalling and reinstalling mozilla...and when it reinstalled it was with the google toolbar.

and also, strangely enough, (cookies or something maybe?), it was as though nothing had changed - all my old bookmarks, search history, everything was still there...