Heard about these places in Niseko (Hirafu) and wanted to know the score.

I think I found Fattys last year, the kinda mobile unit? There was no one there but us though. \:\(

Is Jams anything to do with Jams Garden pension? Cos there was a bar in the basement, but again we were the only ones in there.

Going Sunday morning and wanted somewhere nifty to hang out in the evenings. Any ideas?

Fatty's is two semi trailers joined and turned into a bar. It is double the size as when you were there last year. Always had people there when I was in Niseko. Plenty of space and seats, pretty decent food, toilet stinks.

Jam Bar is directly across the road. It is almost smaller than Fatty's and I dont know much more about it. Jam Bar was the site of a very crowded and noisy and pissy 1000 yen all you can drink, all night party just before xmas. It was spilling out onto the road it was so packed. I only lasted there for 20 minutes.

stoke: You can also try the easy-to-find Pow Pow bar or Bar Rumba (just down the sidestreet hill next to Pow Pow).

I'm heading up Monday morning and will be there till Friday,so I'll see you there.

fattys and jam bam are right across the street from eachother....

man, the contrast between those 2 places over new years was amazing....

fattys was the gaijin drink-chill-drink-drink type place, whereas jambar turned into an outofcontrol monkey-house...

but I think toque should tell you about Jam bar... lol.gif

danz

• 2 weeks later...

Jam bar rules.

New Years was bare feet in slippers, Hawaiian shirt, drink yourself sensless swing from rafters and dance on the bar fun. Goodtime.

But then any place with all you can drink for 1000 yen gets props in my book.

Jam bar had good music as well. Fatty's was all 90's grunge crap. Jam had kind of a trance,jazz,hiphop thing going on.

Sorry to any Aussies but Fatty's has just to many Aussies. Maybe not just Aussies though. Maybe just to many gaijin. Also kind of clique(y).

ah, good times, them were. \:D Does anyone happen to have a pic of toque and I hanging from the rafters at Jam BY OUR LEGS?!?

Seeing JamBar during a 1000-yen pissfest is one thing - seeing it upsidedown is quite another! lol.gif