The biggest and noisiest bee in the world

Yeah that's why the tennis racquet too FT. I know they are bad mofos. They seem to build a lot of nests in my neighbourhood. I can't just leave them cos it is right above where I open my veranda doors \:\(

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/8/2992.html?#000000

old thread about the nasty hornets

This littel quote from Nat Geo sums them up

"A small but highly efficient killing machine—a hornet two inches long and with a wingspan up to three inches—lurks in the mountains of Japan. The voracious predator has a quarter-inch stinger that pumps out a dose of venom with an enzyme so strong it can dissolve human tissue"

not all bad though, VAAM sports drink uses a synthesised amino from the larvae of the hornets.

Amazing stuff reallyp

http://www.vaam-power.com/vaam_info.html

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
QUALITY! You said it!

It's like talking with friends.
Well, it actually IS talking with friends. \:\)

There's a number of people I have actually met on here I would call very good friends - and some living 100's of km away. And lots more I'd sure like to call friend.
Yeah, Id like to meet more of the Tokyo crew cool.gif
It was nice when we had the SJ party in Hakuba and a good number of Tokyo peeps came out. Cheers again! wave.gif

Lets SJ partying again \:D

back to wasps, did you guys see the vid on here a while back which had like 10 hornets killing a couple hundred bees in an hour or so?? That was shocking eek.gif They were literally ripping off their heads and $hitting down their necks eek.gif

nasty buggers!

That is really creepy.

So how big are these things? If they are 5 times the size of a bee, that must be at least 7cm right eek.gif eek.gif

Perhaps we should have Hornet vs Shark (with lasers)

It sure looks like it might be.

Whatever, I think we can all agree that the hornet looks very friendly anyway.