muikabuchi, NZ and my mother told me a million times not to exagerate, but...

Actually, I meant almost everyone has one in reference to people under 40ish I guess. Not entirely true but really common none-the-less, they're just no big deal.

Quote:
Culturally significan ones aside
Do expand on that please.

I really don't think that applies to my culture. I'll just stick with my opinion that putting tattoos on your body is extremely silly, cheers.

It may not apply to your culture and you're welcome to your personal opinion. As to elaborating, tattoos have great significance in a lot of cultures. In Polynesian cultures such as the Maori in New Zealand, Samoa , Tahiti and so on, tattooing has traditionally had great cultural significance, which remains relevant today.

Off course there are plenty of silly tattoos as you say, but that doesn't apply to all of them.

It's not the design of the tattoos I think are silly, though there are silly designs too. It's the concept of permenantly marking your body that is silly.

(And I'm not a Maori, or from Samoa or Tahiti).

Whatever!

Quote:
(And I'm not a Maori, or from Samoa or Tahiti).
Yeah, I guess not. Just answering your question mate, it can't be denied tattoos have cultural significance, despite your personal opinion on them. But as you say, whatever...