Well, they just had the Opening Ceremony in Melbourne - wasn't too bad or overly cringeworthy. The symbolism was okay for a change.

Some of the entertainment was pretty good, particularly The Cat Empire, The Church, and Delta-Babe.

Let the fun begin. thumbsup.gif

Those things were part of a story written by the famous cartoonist Leunig - it was a childs dream which encapsulated modern society and aboriginal dreaming, the getting of wisdom and growth.

At face value it was weird, but with the above storyline it was quite nice.

(Personally, I dislike Leunig - too touchy-feely for me, but the fleshing-out of his story was well done.)

Subz,

Looks like to see the good stuff on bigpond, you have to be a member.. I can get a password, but then of course they don't support macs!

I'm trying the other sites, fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
Are they putting any of this on Japanese tv? I don't suppose they would, they're not part of The Empire are they?
If you had TV australia thats the closest the games will ever get to being on Japanese TV.
 Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
Are they putting any of this on Japanese tv? I don't suppose they would, they're not part of The Empire are they?
Haha, that would be like the rest of the world putting on the Asia Games on their TVs.. anyways, the Commonwealth games needs some winter sports in the line up so Canada can win some medals :p