I was in someone elses seat

OK so went to the cinema this afternoon to watch King Kong with the gf.

Very surprised there were only 10 people in there apart from us. (How come so few people watching it, not as if it had been on screens for long confused.gif )

So when the lights went down we moved from our 'reserved seat' to somewhere else some seats we thought they were better.

Anyways, these 2 people come in just before Kong starts. Turns out - you guessed it - we were in their seats. And they were gonna get their seats, whatever it took. Never mind the fact that 95% of the seats in the theater were empty, no they had to have their seats.

It just seemed really silly. I would have just gone in another seat and picked a place out of all the others that were available.

Really enjoyed the movie by the way.

I have that sometimes, in Aus during the day you can be the only ones in the cinemas at times.

Few weeeks ago was me and the girlfriend, just us in the cinema, about 10 mins into it, another couple come and say we are in their seats.

We moved but laughed at the same time as there was at least 300 other seats free

• 3 months later...

exact same damn thing happened to me tonight, theatre was a 1/3 full and for some reason the cashier jammed me between two couples. I looked around - plenty of empty seats and relocated without even taking my 'designated seat'.

Anyway 10mins into the movie a young woman arrives stumbles around trying to see the row and seat markings, finally arrives at my seat and is like 'sumimasen blah blah blah ....its my seat', well shock horror and end of the world!

I was thinking you stupid 'female dog', you have arrived late there are dozens of empty seats, grow a brain and quietly and discreetly sit in one of them......

To cap it off there was someone in my vicinity with appalling B.O - putrid wofting waves of vileness occassionaly assaulted my nasal passages, the only thing that could have smelt worse was if the person had been dead.

Anyway the movie was excellent - V for Vendetta.

Great movie, really enjoyed it.

The problem is if they just see you and think 'oh well' and go sit elsewhere, it might be them who sits in someone elses seat and gets in crap for it 5 mins later!