Last night I had toilet dreams again. The toilet dream is in outline, always the same. I go into a public toilet and it's too foul to use. It's like the toilet in Train Spotting - just using it would make you filthy. So I try another toilet it in the hope that it's a little cleaner, but it never is. Then I wake up and realize that I'm bursting to go to the toilet.

The only interesting thing about the toilet dream is the sheer variety of filthy toilets that I dream about. Sometimes there are modern buildings paradoxically appointed with a range of Third World toilets. Occasionally there is the Great Hall of the Toilets - a vast chamber filled with toilets without any walls for privacy. Last night featured an unusual pit toilet that was poorly designed with Axminster carpeting right up to the hole. Naturally the carpet had become quite vile.

Does anybody else have toilet dreams?

One evening my son had a sleepwalking / pissing episode. I was working late when he wandered into my room, lifted up the oil flap on my stove and started pissing onto the top of the oil canister. He came to his senses when I gave him a good shake and yelled "WTF are you DOING?!"

I suppose an oil stove is about the same height as a toilet, with some of the same features...

ftb_steve, I guess it would be 'semi-lucid'. I have sufficient control to reject each toilet - I suppose if I didn't I would just go ahead and piss myself.

I wonder if I should tell the story of when I was woken up one night on my honeymoon in the champagne region of France by a strange 'gurgle gurgle Phappp! - bluuurrrrb' noise...

Repression, morality, need/desire, disgust... a rather obvious battle between the Id and the Super Ego perhaps? Is your Ego rationalizing/playing out behaviour that you've yet to come to peace with?

Or the obvious one... you need to leak and slight methane stench from your neighbours septic tank is seeping into your subconscious... (or could it be the fertilizer on that organic veggie patch? don't forget to wash those overalls thoroughly after a session on the hill!)

Quote:
Releasing bodily wastes in a dream suggests a need to release repressed emotions and/or anxiety. At times urination may have sexual connotations. Many people dream about the need to urinate that wakes them up and then they realise that they need to use the toilet. At times the dream triggers the physical sensation and other times the physical sensation may become a part of the dream
 Quote:
might need to go!
getting rid of old attitudes
hmmm... got some repressed emotions there perhaps, O11 ;-)
or perhaps your prostate is packing up.

I have in the past had some dreams about getting so fat I can't leave my house, even squashing through won't do. They had to get a demolition group in to knock down one wall of the house. Very concerned I was.

Oh that was a low blow gg. You'll upset the significant Bristol contingent on this forum saying things like that. Forum members are already showing little patience with doom-calling charlatans so I don't think you're in any position to be bad-mouthing Bristol's toilets. In fact, the toilets in the underground walkway in Broadmead would meet even my Mum's demanding standards of public toilet spotlessness.

For shame...