I am having a holiday to Paris & London in late October to see family and friends and generally to get the hell out of Japan for 10 days ...

If anyone has any good info about fun/interesting/tasty things to do in London & Paris then let me know.

I am looking forward to doing the Paris cafe breakfast thing as well as seeing the London Tate and having a good sausages & mash with a lager in a nice English pub. I will be staying in Kensington in London and the Latin Quarter in Paris.

Yoroshiku!

Quote:
Originally posted by torihada:
London: Tate Modern definitley worth a visit. If you're in London between 21st - 24th October and you like art (in your face, contemporary and conceptual) the Frieze Art Fair is definitely worth a visit;
http://www.friezeartfair.com/
one of the best art fairs in the world.
ooops.

Hey! I didn’t expect top see that here. It sounds dicky but I very good access to Frieze, directly to the inside. Just handed away a heap of 'special' tickets 'cause I was out of town that weekend. NPM - sorry dood, it would have been a good one for you to “meet some people that would have helped”. I will explain when you are here.

I also agree with the Tate! The Tate Modern is most certainly the best part of London for my spare time. If nothing else it is by far London's best* building that is put to the best use.

* In keeping with the history of the Tate Modern venue, London's best building is in fact the old Battersea gas works: an utterly awseome building that this city simply must make best use of. A massive loss if it doesn't. It really is a magnificent structure.

ps Brit-Gobby: I continue to visit Borough Markets every Friday lunch and buy some very good bread. Just never buy bread from a supermarket, unless you have a wheel barrow to bring it home ;\)
 Quote:
London's best building is in fact the old Battersea gas works
Theres some awesome buildings in London and this is definitely one. Is it still derelict?