My company allowed me to go to Vietnam for a week from this Sunday! I think it's time to buy new travel bag. What kind of bag do you use for traveling??

I want to buy a rolling gear bag and I'm looking at Eagle Creek now. I also need to buy new bag for my ski trip. Do you have any recommendation?

Slow - it depends on the style of travel and destination. But for short city trips I use a nice strong good quality leather bag with soft leather lining. It has a accommodating tube shape, classic design and just small enough to pass as carry on luggage. It is am old fashioned style of back and thus no wheels, but that makes it comfortable to carry and practical to use in situations where a wheel bag is out of place or just plain annoying. Plus it smells really leathery and nice every time you open it. I treated as a proper investment in a well made product and hope to have it in 15 years time, like in the old days when our parents owned one bag for life.

Slow - that would have to be the Osprey Transporter. It comes in a 40 and 60 ltr model. It has a quality zipaway harness for carrying on your back, a good carrying handle, and a great padded foldover system for closing/altering the amount of baggage you carry. The bag maintains its shape regardless of amount you are carrying, and the bag provides great protection to goods inside. The 60 is the right dimensions to be carried as hand luggage to.

Have used the bags (we got a matching set, the partner and I) for a good few SE Asian trips of up to two weeks (philipines, malaysia...) and they were great... smart enough for five star, tough enough for hiking/trila bike tours/football/etc.

Fives stars...highly recommended!

Thank you for some info.

Montoya and db, this is kind of business trip and I'm staying at luxury hotels. But I think I'll be OK with my casual wear since I'm not going to have business meeting there. Osprey Transporter sounds good to me. I can use it for my ski trip too. I'll check it out!

I also have just been to stinky Hong Kong for a 3 day business trip and realised that having a nice, medium size bag for these kind of trips makes things a lot easier.

What travel bags does everyone own out there? I think you need some kind of backpack, medium size travel bag for business trips and then a larger bag/suitcase for longer trips and moving from one country to another!

I am very interested in this Osprey transporter too. Any pics?

I was thinking eaglecreek Duece Duece or osprey transporter60.

60085_m.jpg

or

705680_9674Prd.jpg

I decided to buy transporter60. They are almost same size but transporter is lighter and cheaper. Moreover, I can use it for my ski trip!

miteyak, thank you for the good suggetion!