"Crap town" hopes to get better image

This article made me laugh... about the universally thought of as crap town Luton

"A collection of 10 stories about Luton aimed at improving its image after it was voted "crap town" of the year last year is launched on Wednesday."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4630329.stm

lol.gif

Perhaps we could have a Crap Town poll on here. Any to submit?

Gotta live gotta live... shit town! gotta live in aaa town gotta live gotta live... shit town! gotta live in aaa town!

Live - Throwing Copper

Thanks for reminding me of them! Since I got all of my old CD's stolen during my move to Japan (thanks to some crook in the US postal service), I'd forgotten about Live. Haha.

Sorry to be so random.......... \:\)

There was a book published not so long ago on the 50 most Crap Towns in England and why..amusing read 0752225456.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The official top 50 crap towns in the UK.

1 Hull

2 Cumbernauld

3 Morecambe (Despite home to Fishermans friends and the theme park Crinkley Bottom!!!!!!!)

4 Hythe

5 Winchester

6 Liverpool

7 St Andrews

8 Bexhill-on-Sea

9 Basingstoke

10 Hackney

11 Portsmouth

12 Stockport

13 Crouch End

14 St John's Wood

15 Croydon

16 Islington

17 London (not sure how they deem this as a town?)

18 Peterborough

19 Wolverhampton

20 Didcot

21 Ascot

22 Brighton

23 Aldeburgh

24 Leiston

25 Ipswich

26 Hayling Island

27 Horsham

28 Mirfield

29 Tintern

30 Peterhead

31 Oxford

32 Dover

33 South Woodham Ferrers

34 Newport

35 Billingham

36 Reading

37 Maghull

38 Huntingdon

39 Hastings

40 Keighley

41 Dagenham

42 Slough

43 Alresford

44 Bridgwater

45 Yate

46 Skelmersdale

47 Barrow-in-Furness

48 Widnes

49 Hinchley Wood

50 St Albans

A friend of mine from the Number 1 crap town had a t-shirt with "Its never dull in Hull!" printedm, obviously not the case!

Everybody in Bristol is well gruntled. It's not on that list, and for good reason.

Towns need to use their crap more effectively instead of putting it all in the sea. One day towns will realize what a valuable resource their crap is.

Yes I remember when Hull famously won that accolade. I actually quite like Hull. A friend of mine went to uni there and it was a good place for students. (Perhaps that's explains some things lol.gif )