Any of you surfers get a chance to take advantage of the Typhoon hitting us right now..

ALways thought that these storms created the best conditions.. Neh??

Geuss we're gonna get it tomorrow up North... How's it in Honshu then?? Stories anybody??

Higuma,

I dont live up in Tohouku but did manage to get some surfing in earlier in the season when a typhoon came through. Probably one of the one's that hit Korea, too. You get some pretty nice swells before it hits but during it the sets turn to s#$t. Last year I was in Kouchi (Shikoku) and had some really nice surf before a tyhoon came through. Shikoku probably has some of the best surfing in the country. cool.gif

When you get a big loq pressure system way off the coast like this you usually get great surf before it hits the coast. I reckon that there would have been some spots going off somewhere in Japan in the last few days.

As far as storms go, if that was a bad storm then the Japanese are girls. I think growing up in Australia conditions you to extreme weather and environmental conditions. Extreme heat, drought, flooding, huge hail stones, humidity, massive fires. Last night (at least where I live) was no worse than bad weather, unless you live in a mud hut.