A wholly under-rated cheese in my opinion, with some people even not thinking of it as a cheese eek.gif

I think it is a wholly unique, and nutritious, foodstuff - to be enjoyed by all.

Anyone else have any burning comments on this most interesting of cheeses?

One of the more delightful variants of cottage cheese I took from Shakespeare's 'Amadeus'. Cottage cheese, plus a small splash of Brandy and brown sugar. Mix it all together.

I then like to take slices of orange and apple (sliced at right angle to the core, skin still attached) and lay them on a plate. Then pour brandy and brown sugar on the fruit. On the top of it all put a big dollop of teh cottage cheese mix mentioned above.

Didn't we touch on this a few weeks ago Cheesman?

Call me convential (Shakespeare's 'Amadeus'? -- didn't read that one) but I love cottage cheese with pears, peaches or applesauce.

It is kind of a cheese class all to its own though.

Cheeseman... I am more of a brie, boursin or blue cheese fan myself. Blue cheese on some tasty crackers can't be beaten. I dont understand why everyone gives you such a hard time man... Cheese is a food for mature palates not to be missed. Go Cheeseman!!!

To be honest, I have no truckin idea where I got Shakespeare from!!

I feel a bit stupid for that one.

Either way, it was a play written about Mozart (Amadeus Wolfgang Mozart... I think).

Oh yes... cheese, one of life's delicacies! I urge anyone who does not like cheese very much to try it again. There are a million varieties so try a new one! You will definitely find at least ONE that you like. I did mention my fondness of a cheese called "Boursin" which is available at most Japanese supaas. Daiei and those other ones should have it. It is extremely tasty indeed on the end of a nice baguette or on some tasty crackers! Go on try it!