Well, it was bound to happen eventually. I lost my phone on the mountain yesterday. Luckily I had everything backed up on the iCloud so I didn't lose too much important information and now I have an excuse to get the iPhone 5. Of course, I'd rather have not lost it but when I consider all the things that can go wrong on the mountain losing a phone isn't a really big deal.

Has anyone else paid homage to the snow gods?

So far this year ive found about 3 gloves, goggles, a beanie, half a ski pole, and a ski boot.

Check at the local police station? at least report it for insurance claim :)

Have heard stories from friends where they go up as the snow melts in spring and pick up all the sacrifices. They find avi beacons, phones, mp3 players and even skis.

Yes, earlier this year I left my dignity on Yokoteyama when I crashed and burned on a green run :ashamed: on the way down to lunch.

I am considering bringing back the torn piece of meniscus extricated from my right knee to bury as a sacrifice and to to dissolve my shame.

Yes, someone did steal my jacket... which indirectly led to the phone becoming lost because I was using an old jacket. If that jacket had never been stolen then my phone would have been safely zipped up in it's dedicated pocket. Oh well, I can't really get upset about losing possessions. I've got more than I need anyway and it can be easily replaced. :)

Perhaps its the snowgods way of telling you to get rid of your heathen products and forgo your materialistic ways.

I have lost nothing as I'm too paranoid.

Wait

That's a lie. I lost a phone battery once.

Do you call up the phone company when you lose the phone to cancel stuff?

With the iPhone I could control it remotely and because of iCloud all of my contacts, pics and stuff were retrievable. I was able to lock the phone and the erase all of it's data. As well, if someone turns it on I'll be notified by email and I can send alarms and messages to it. I thought it was going to be a bigger deal to get the new phone but it only took about 20 mins.

I sacrificed my hot pink iPod :(

Don't think it was on the snow though - think it was in the taxi in between Chamonix and Tignes....stank breath taxi driver probably had a little win there.

PB sacrificed his gloves the day before yesterday, and his neck warmer today...

Methinks he is either deliberately losing kit to get new stuff or he might be heading towards forgetful old fuddyduddy ;)

Perhaps the later seeing as we've been married <gasp> 23 years today!

• Like 1

I did the same when my iphone got stolen. I traced it down to an apartment block literally 1 minute walk from where I lived. I told the police and they very politely informed me that they would do precicely nothing at all about it.

I did the same when my iphone got stolen. I traced it down to an apartment block literally 1 minute walk from where I lived. I told the police and they very politely informed me that they would do precicely nothing at all about it.

What a bunch of pecker heads!

What in hell do we pay them for with our taxes?

• 3 weeks later...

RIP GORPO3 HERO BLACK EDITION

22 Jan 2013. Happo-One, Skyline run. Far right had edge, half way down where the catrack turns back on it self. 5 meters up before the catrack. Middle of the run.

Caught a heel side edge while facing up the mountain, (thanks powder covered mogul) fell backwards,hard. Didnt realise Gopro had come off my Helmut. RIP

I made a sacrifice of some inner gloves a couple weeks ago. Either in Nagano or at Myoko - not sure!

Raining is probably a reaction to the number of iThings - too many for any number of Gods to play with!