haha! check this dude!

4ea5a52a5c46d_4ce125512b6a1_snake_foto.jpg

FEATURES:

- Unique combination if soft flex and ubeliveable torsion perfromance: + 35% MORE FLEX COMBINED WITH +10% MORE TORSIONAL RIDGILITY (combined to common constructions).

- Maximum riding performance in all conditions

- No compromise between freestyle flex and torsional rigidity

- Added protection from nasty edge catches

- Impressive carving performance and edge-to-edge response

- Unprecedented stability + Unilimited speed

- Improved control

- Great Fun Factor

:party:

What does it all mean?!

You have 1000 words.... starting..... now!

Honestly, i have no fekkin clue! but look at this!

4eb7d9ac04e69_3D_Snake_show_board_04.jpg

The god damned base is wavy too! They aint ****ing around!

oooh ooh!

When i was a kid, about 13 years old, there was a competition at my school to design a bridge that could support the most weight before collapsing.

I remember the dude that won it did it through some kind of wavy pattern like this in fact. It sticks in my memory because he didnt just win, he kicked the **** out of the nearest competition. Maybe he designed this board :)

Basically its a way of creating a board that its edge to edge super stiff and responsive, without at the same time having to sacrifice longitudinal stiffness. In fact, theres a picture they have somewhere of the board basically bending from the center and its fairly clear that the little humps will allow for this. So maybe its true. Theyve delivered a board that solves the whole torsional/longitudinal flex issue without resorting to strategic carbon or kevlar stringers. Actually, theyd have to do edge to edge stringers to make it happen, and i have never seen a board thats done that. Closest might be the indoor FK with carbon cross beams.

It also looks like the shape gives a kind of mtx and offers a tonne of contact points between the bindings (more like nideckers version actually now i thin about it since this is localised between the bindings). This might give what is a soft board, just a little extra middle grip to stop it folding and washing in a carve when the weight shifts.

Still concerned with that wobble base though.

ETA: SUPER huge radius on the sidecut. Its almost straight by the looks of it.

Oooh! just saw this definition...Bit confused... since when has more flex = more pop and better turning?

More flex means better turning, easier control, better pop and more fun, but weak grip on ice or hard-pack conditions
Honestly, i have no fekkin clue! but look at this!

4eb7d9ac04e69_3D_Snake_show_board_04.jpg

The god damned base is wavy too! They aint ****ing around!

Reminds me of these - tasty!!

Mick Rich_222.jpg

So they have snake transition skis as well as snowboards?

Be curious to hear a review of the performance of those.

Is torsion a big issue with skis?

Any thoughts, ippy?

Id honestly have no idea. Ive never strapped on a set of skis in my life. I tried finding their ski info, but maybe those are just internal samples. The site is called contractsnowboards. Which makes me think the skis might be a) a new addition or B) a wholly different brand name altogether :)