1.Beacause he has a gimmick.....

2.He is essentially an artist/poet (in an unconventional way)

3.And mainly because he has worked out that controversy sells!!! ;\)

He draws attention to himself by being controvercial.... then us humans - being the the curious little f**ks we are - subconciously think hmmmmm wonder what he is all about.... so we buy his cd's.... simple ;\)

Dont know if any Aussies here remember when he was here touring Oz last year? He was in the media spot light the whole time he was here..... for no real reason at all!! this also brought so much attention and free advertising for himself

And beause of this, the guy is laughing all the way to the bank!!

behind all of the hype, etc., Eminem is talented, and has talented people backing him.

He can rhyme and his style is inventive, he does a lot of simple subtle things that nobody else in rap does. He is fast and witty, and instead of the straight gangster stuff - bitches and switches and ho`s and clothes - he does story raps, with nice rhymes all along the way. story raps are becoming more and more popular. plus he speaks to a group of people in the United States, who until now, never really had a voice. I`m talking about white trash - if you`ve ever been to America, you would know that the population of white trash is just huge - Eminem is their spokesman. The stories that he tells about this way of life are real, and he has lived them - well most of them.

Plus. . .

Dr. Dre is one of the top 3 rap producers of all time. He is responsible for the rise of too many artists to name. He does all of Eminem`s music, and singlehandedly helped launch his career.

eminem is very strange but man theres gotta be some major respect for him in the states, not many white rapers make it in the big time over there... but he did and he has D12 right behind him... u wouldnt wanna mess with him tis for sure...

yeah i saw cleaning out my closet with drew last night.. and man oh man eminem is very passionate bout his daugter hayley... its a very full on song that one.

anywyas hes big in aus cause of what he stands for i reckon!

**hehhehe... my dog just feel over jumping on to my futon....!! **

Barok-

Yeah for sure Eminem is a talented rapper. His flows are tight and he can rip a freestyle...but these days his shit is whack. Listen to 'Infinite' or his cut on Soundbombin. It is so tight. Full on hip-hop. You can kinda hear it on his 'slim shady LP' but it isn't quite there.

Eminem is a record label creation. Dre and Interscope found a talented white boy and said, "this kid can make us millions...we just need to sculpt him." And what does he care. He is rich beyond his wildest dreams. But that is the definition of a sellout.

You're right on about the white trash spokesman though.