Hey, does anyone know a way to find out when the superbowl is on here in Japan. I watched some of the playoff games on that japanese sports channel and would really like to catch the big game.

I can't remember the name of the chanel (starts bwith a G?) but it has the dragony looking stylized characters in the logo.

thanks

Its usually live on NHK BS1 the BS (Broadcast satellite) channel. You need a BS dish to get it.

This is different from CS dish that you get skyperfect on.

its well delayed on Gaora (ch 302 of skyperfect) not even the same day!

BS1 is often broadcast on terrestrial cable TV channels providers like J-Com as (channel 17)

So If you have Skyperfect you are sh*t out of luck as its not live

who you picking anyway enderzero? I am inclined towards the team of has beens (Raiders), old guys still pulling out the goods. Unless Warren Sapp and his boys can shut down Gannons throwing game then the Bucs are cooked.

Live on NHK BS 1 at 8am on Monday. Barring any technical glitches, you'll get the English on the subchannel.

A recording is shown on the same NHK BS 1 at 7pm same day.

NTV (an ordinary terristrial channel) show a recording later that night at 12:20am. Probably no English.

It's on the cable channel G+ (pronounced "gee-tasu") on Tuesday at 18:00. Probably no English.

Gaora don't show it until Sat Feb 1(!) at 10pm.

I'm British, but have followed the sport since it first hit UK screens back in '82. I've been a Raiders fan since back then, so the Raiders vs. Chucky is a great matchup for me. I'm a bit old-fashioned though, and would rather watch someone like Favre, Warren Moon, or even ol' Jim Plunkett throw bombs than West Coast offence. Rich Gannon's a great QB, but he doesn't throw it deep enough often enough to get me really excited.

Well I am not really rooting for one team more than just a good game (I know that's lame, so let's say I am kinda rooting for the Bucs). But this is exactly the match up I was rooting for. I love the former head coach lured away and then ending up facing the former team dynamic.

So I don't know if I get BS1 but I do have a bs-i channel that is weird (like it has video games playing at times ?!). That must be it right?

watched the rebroadcast last night...

what is up with cutting out all of tampa-bay's drives in the last quarter!!!!! mad.gif

they just didn't show them!

man...it is hard to follow the game w/out the comercials...it was happening too fast...never was able to settle into the superbowl groove...I'm usually nice and pissed by halftime, but not this year...

danz

Yeah I watched the rebroadcast at 1:30 early Tues. morning. The whole game was sped way up and they didn't show any possessions that didn't have a turnover or score. They also didn't show any kick offs or punts. They cut out 8 minutes from the first quarter!!

So everytime you saw a possession you knew something was going to happen. You knew each 3rd down conversion would be made. Weird.

It was nice to be able to see the game but I definitely didn't get into the rythm. Of course they played all of Shania Twain's half time performance though.