Who'd want to be a public figure?

It scares me you know. The people that i knew that went on to become either cops or pollies. I can think of a few examples of the cops and one pollie. Both were vile human beings at school/uni. Massive ego, a huge vacuum where ones ethics usually reside and a great skil at covering up or diverting attention from past failure. It is sickening.

They have extremely valuable allies. For a really interesting narrative of how Bush was elected read the first chapter of M. Moore's "Stupid White Men..."

I would jump at a chance to call the shots. Think of all the good that could be done. It is an incredibly long road to the top though and once you're there, chances are you have lost most of your integrity.

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
It is an incredibly long road to the top though and once you're there, chances are you have lost most of your integrity.
I'd never thought of that before zero. It is a pretty good point, as I would suggest that most pollies would start out with good intentions. But i doubt any of the top guyg got there 100% honestly.