Japan pension fund refunds

mr G - no, it was addressed to Ocean. I refered to a post of yours above, but used his name. he questioned what the hell i was talking about, i clarified. sorry for the confusion 'n av a beut weekend mate.

Yeah as far as I know the law is retroactive, and as for all this bs about "you are lucky and stop your whingeing" ... there are always people that say that kind of stuff and just take the status quo, well look at the driving licence thing. I guess some canadians made a bit of effort and now Canadians dont have to take the practical driving test. Nice what a bit of motivation can produce.

And if JET was so sweet and lucrative most people would stay 3 years, not the 1 or 2 years that most stay. Here in Nagano there are about 20 3rd year JETS of 160 people - in Nagano even!!

• 1 year later...

I am still waiting for mine...although I doubt it will be as fat as your check db. But every yen helps! they don't call me 1yen for nothing...

my problem is my "tax representative" also happens to be my ex-gf...that could be awkward...

• 3 years later...

I am thinking of claiming the lump sum pension refund, however I just read somewhere that you CANNOT CLAIM IT TWICE.

Is that really true? I never heard that before and theres nothing written about it on the official site but now I am worried because I claimed it in 2004 when I left JET. Often it is referred to as the 'one time lump sum refund'....