Was just wondering if anyone else using Micorsoft Word has experienced the little "Error reporting" dialog box that pops up when Word fails to open a document.

I can't help thinking the whole "connecting to server" and reporting the problem process is a charade designed to appease pc users sick to death of Microsoft programs failing consistently to perform the most basic functions. Does anyone know if it does actually report somewhere?

I don't know if i'v explained myself very well but regular users of Word should know what i'm talking about.

I get that a lot, but it's usually something catastrophic that closes down all Word documents. It's often caused by documents with all sorts of crap embedded that would be better not there in the first place.

There's a lot of Windows updates that come down the pipe and install themselves automatically, so I can only assume that they are some sort of response to all the failure reports.

If I submitted work of the standard that Microsoft provides software and then tried to send fixes in dribs and drabs, my family would starve.

I suspect that enderzero might bear some responsibility for all of this... ;\)