This has been bugging me for too long now. Does anyone have a good explanation to the ending of the POTA remake the other year, the Tim Burton one. I watched it again last night. I was really looking forward to it when I saw it in the movie theater after those classic originals, but it really sucked.

Here's how I see it:

Right, there's this bad actor. He goes forward in time to when Monkeys ruled the world. Then he escapes, after trapping an evil monkey, but instead of going back, goes further forward in time. But the evil monkey escapes in the meantime, and builds a civilisation exactly like the one men built millions of years before, but this time populated by monkeys (*).

Anything to add?

* = may not be accurate.

lol.gif

I really wanted to like that one, but ultimately couldn't - surely they could have come up with a better ending? Surely!

In Tim Burton's original draft, when the astronaut fast-forwarded to the future, he found the entire planet was one big Japanese company and he was the guy who people asked to correct the English in the bosses faxes.

He corrected the English and they thanked him and agreed with his changes. But the next day when he looked to confirm that the fax had been sent, he found that they had put it all back in the boss's original, terrible English, because nobody wanted to make the boss look bad.