OK, Roger. Didn't want to keep you waiting but was pretty tired last night.

Anyway, anyone living in Japan will not need me to tell them that there was lots and lots of snow last week. Most days we were skiing in shin deep powder and in some days it was over knee deep. That was fun but that covered up the few mogul courses there so I couldn't do any moguls so that was a little disappointing. The powder also made the black runs less intimidating and there were very few icy surfaces to negotiate.

The size of the gelande, while bigger than Sahoro was quite a bit smaller than Tsugaike and the top to bottom elevation was also a bit limited. What I was most disappointed about, skiing-wise, was the lifts. Though there were seldom any lines, the lifts, including the only gondola were incredibly slow. Maybe because it was often windy. There were only 2 high speed lifts which were covered. Sitting in those other uncovered lifts moving at a snail's pace was not very pleasant with the cold wind pounding hard.

Being late March, the resort was relatively free of crowds and most of my black runs were done in solitude, with not many wanting to brave the high winds at the mountain top.

The hotels were great. Really nice, luxurious and spacious rooms. The spa was also impressive, including a large wave pool, many jacuzzis, saunas, steam rooms as well as an outdoor pool.

The best part must be the food. Breakfast and dinner was included in my package. The coupons for these gave us a very wide choice of many high quality restaurants in the resort, including the famous Kaisenichiba 海鮮市場 (what Slow referred to as the "all you can eat Seafood restaurant"). The Kaisenichiba exceeded my expectations of it.

All in all, I had a great time but I would not recommend this resort to anyone who is concerned about their weight.

I'm glad that you had a great time, Markie!

You are lucky lots of snow in Tomamu. I've been there twice but never had powder. I should have visited you there... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> ;\)

Oh yes, slow. I really wish you had visited me there. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Markie, you seem to be in the minority in not going to Niseko all the time when you go to Hokkaido. Any particular reason for that, is it just because you are a) not Australian and B) a bit more adventurous than everyone else.

;\)

Yes, Rach, Fatts is right. I do want to go back to Niseko and Rusutsu and Kiroro etc. but I would also like to try out new spots. I heard a lot of nice things about Tomamu and I'm so glad I went to try it out. My next Hokkaido target is Furano.

スロー は、富良野 へ 行った こと が 有 426;ますか? 一緒に いきませんか?

Fatts, that would be great! I usually go to the U.S. and Canada during the summer, but if you let me know some dates in advance, I can arrange to be in HK when you are here. May and June are no problem but July and August are better, as I will be off work. I can try to fix up my new place a bit so you can stay there. Right now its only got some beds and sofas.