Moby at Glastonbury Festival

Moby at Glastonbury Festival:

----------------

Moby kept between-song banter to a minimum from early in the set, apologising for George Bush, saying: I feel, being American, it's my job to apologise for George Bush. So I stand before you, profoundly sorry that we have such a ****ing idiot as a leader, which received an enormous cheer from the Glastonbury audience.

----------------

eek.gif

At a recent Godsmack concert, before coming on stage a large screen was lowered with an American flag waving. It then went on to show images of war helicopters flying around and tanks blowing up. I was expecting some kind of political statement to be made.

Well one was made all right...but not the kind I was expecting. Text came across the screen that said something very similar to the following:

In these trying times,

it is important for all of us

to support our freedom,

and support our troops.

And if we do this

we weill show everyone again...

we are the most powerful.

The crowd went wild. I was pretty shocked. I gotta say it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth throughout the show, and I more than likely will skip it next time I hear about a Godsmack concert.

yeah me too, i saw coldplay on mtv live last night, and the lead singer was wearing a 'make trade fair' t-shirt and was slagging off george bush. but i just thought 'you dont know what you're talking about.'

If he was gonna say something meaningful I would have more respect for him, but to just spout the usual cliches that you hear everyday is just pretentious. At least Bono is serious about his beliefs and does stuff to back it up. Maybe I am being a little harsh on the coldplay guy, at least his heart is in the right place, but it just smacked of half heartedness.

Great concert though.