Fuji looks hot this year...

but I will be back home...gonna hit up Phish's 2 day festival 'IT', and might also try to go to BerkFest (another 2-day jamband music fest)...

only problem with FUJI is its outrageous cost...doing the whole weekend costs more than a 4day trip to Niseko!

danz

• 3 weeks later...

Any post-Fuji Rock reports from those that went? What did you think of this year's festy (aside from the abysmal, pouring rain on Friday and Saturday nights)?

My personal favorite performances:

- Underworld (rain let up just enough for them to squeeze in a 2 hour set)

- Coldplay (impressive sound)

- Primal Scream (flat-out rock)

- Royksopp (wild performance for an electronic band)

- Tim Deluxe (quality dj set)

- Audio Bullys (impressive cockney rapping takes over the room)

- Plump DJs ("just" a dj set, but they had the crowd bumping)

- G. Love & Special Sauce (won over the crowd)

Worst performance:

- the sun (didn't even hardly show up! You're fired! mad.gif )

I went to the Reggae Japansplash last week at Yomiuriland.

I don't think I've ever seen so many drunk Japanese kids in one place. They stopped selling booze halfway through due to too many people hitting the medical tent. A quick keitai call to a mate yet to arrive sorted us for supplies though. \:D

It had been raining in the morning and the place was well muddy. Mud plus drunk kids - well you can imagine the results.

The lineup was really good this year and they all put on a good show, especially the old faves Luciano and the Mighty Diamonds. The backing band is the same all the way through, so it really keeps the tempo up.

I might go to the jazz thing at Madarao. Dee Dee Bridgewater's got quite a nice voice, so it may be all right. Prince's sax player Candy Dulfer is on too, but her solo stuff sounds like what white people in their fifties would call "funky". The tunes I heard sounded like they'd drive me up the wall.

Had a wicked time sunday, Blink 182 were funny as ever, and Blur capped it all off in fine form!

A few distinctly Japanese 'let downs' though..........the fact that half the 'festival' was in a shopping complex \:\( kinda took away the 'festival feeling'.

Also you weren't allowed to smoke at the front of the stage (or anywhere near it) OR drink the 'wrong' beer' in certain areas OR have people on your shoulders.

wakaranai.gif