Ok the weather was perfect for kayaking on the kizugawa. level 2 to 3 with a length of 1.5 km to 3.5 km. The plan was to train with the wife running the last half of the river in case she needed to be rescued.

The truth went to the drivers licence center to get me licence. I figured that I could get out of there by at least 12 noon. i got there before 10. At around 12 when they took their lunch break I knew kayaking was over. luckily I live close to the licence center so I spent the 1.5 hour break at home. got my licence at 4ish or a little before. and thats the truth

if you go for a japanese licence or trade in a licence truth be told it is a full day. PS come over prepared bring more than you need cause depending on the person your dealing with things can change. Im canadian and I should have taking a test. For some reason today was a lucky day and for what ever reason I didnt have to take a test. Kayaking will now have to wait a bit.

got them off of yahoo auction. cost was about 70000 for 2. including paddles life jackets skirts a rope bag we paid just under 100000 yen for 2 complete sets of gear.

I had to buy a new rack for my car too. the strapping to hold the kayak down can be bought at the local hardwear store for between 500 and 2000 yen depending on quality.

I bought a new life jacket cause i thought it would be safer that way.

If your serious I can talk to my japanese friend and he can point me to the cheapish sites he used to buy my stuff. my buddy always scores me deals.

dont go down the yoshino river your first time. Its a lot of fun though.

yes indo ive heard it can be done that way if your lucky.

I sat with an Auzzie guy who did the early bird thing 2 times before though. this time he was praying that he would be given the licence and not the shoganai speech again.

My japanese friends said that is normal to wait that long.

Ocean A new boat will run you 150000 yen for a 2002 or 2003 model if you dont mind 3 year or 4 year old model its can be 100000. For a starter go to the shop there are a few in shikoku and find out a good boat shape. then find it on the net used.

i anything you do there is some danger. hockey its your neck or the skates. sking its a tree, bad crash or a slide. ski diving your chute not opening. driving a car and crashing.

I keep the dangers in my mind but i dont let it run my life.