Does anybody use wireless headphones with a computer? Are there any problems associated with them (loss of sound quality, interference, poor range)?

Are there any good and bad brands?

Know of anywhere you buy that sort of thing online?

Cheers!

beware of general purpose wire!!

i was once a hifi aficionado and kept old speaker wire because it might come in handy. i ended up with 25m of wire rolled in little balls that occupied random locations around my cupboards.

although i have used old electrical wire to repair clothes and fasten things which needed fastening together, i discovered u never need old speaker wire.

i'm not fully up with the headphone wire sitch, but it sounds as if caution should be exercised.

• 2 weeks later...

if you are a real hifi freak, you should look into IR headphones...much pricier, but significant quality improvements...I have a hard time believing that any radio based wireless hp will sound good enough to replace a good wired pair...

if you dont have discriminating ears and just want to be free, than radio should be ok...

danz

I can believe the IR headphones may produce better sound quality than the RF ones, but wouldn't they be limited to a kind of line-of-sight zone of use?

Where does one usually put the IR transmitter? I guess it depends on the size of your desk, but if you put your coffee cup or a pile of books in front of it, does it stop working?