It means literally "OK, don't lose!", which you would prolly translate as "OK, go for it!", but it's much more stern and determined sounding than that.

She was fighting, like a girl. \:D

(I was fighting to ride fakie at the time, but kept faceplanting so I gave up \:\( )

Bad spelling is rampant in these boards but is NOT a trait normally associated with Ocean 11. Let me take this rare opportunity to spot a typo and show-off my limited knowledge of Japanese:

I believe "makeruna!" should read "makerunai!" correct?

Sorry Markie, you went out on a limb there -- and it broke.

In Japanese, to make a simple negative imperative, you take the basic form of the verb and stick 'na' on the end. Hence, 'makeru' + 'na'.

But it's a very gruff way for a lady to be talking to herself. I would never speak to myself like that. A more gentle way of saying it would be 'makenaide', with which you seem to be confusing it.

snobee, that one didn't occur to me, but you're quite right.

It was likely "Don't f*ck up (like matey in the red helmet here!)"

That's one thing I love about winter sports - the fact that you can go out on your own and choose your own level of challenge, from not very difficult, to really quite hairy and dangerous. And being stern with yourself often helps. I took my first leaps over a table top on that same day, partly inspired by Fight! Like a girl. \:o

The wonderful things you learn on Snow Japan!!!! clap.gif

So, "Yosh, makeruna!" it is then... and don't think I won't need to use it this season. I'm sure Jared can tell you all great stories about how I sometimes don't fight - like a girl... it's more along the lines of "Winging, like a girl! \:D I'm a wimp sometimes!!