a bit of excitement - but usually not much by the time it gets all the way up here.

I'v wanted to be in a good cyclone since we studied them in 5th form geography but they have all been a bit dissapointing so far.

first off, whats the diff between a typhoon and hurricane? is a typhoon in the pacific and hurricane in the atlantic?

bc yeah hurricanes can be exciting but also scary. take isabel which just hit the east coast of the us. my family lives near virginia beach, which at one point was a direct target when i was category 3 or 4. but luckily, it slowed down and moved a little to the west. still, from talking to my mom last night, there was a lot of damage. it hit on thursday, and many people still dont have electricity. so many trees were blown over, some landing on houses, cars. one tunnel connected two cities is flooded, another one with two tubes has only one operating. i think i read that over 30 people were killed. so yeah, they can be frightening.

Typhoons usually clear the air nicely and freshen things up for a day or two. They bring some groovy scudding grey clouds.

But they can be a damn nuisance if you have something planned, especially the big slow ones that hang around for days on end, screwing up travel plans and making most outdoor activities impractical.

From What I have been told Cyclones & Typhoons are pretty much similar yet they spin in the opposite directions (like toilets flush) due to being in different hemispheres. But not sure what the diff is between a hurricane and the rest

correct me if i am wrong!

6'10 was waxed up this time rather than the 6'0 fish! was only 4-5 and pretty sloppy but nice to have a bit of size for once. Problem is that when there is swell down here we don't really have any good spots that really handle over 5ft. I need a waver runner then we will be in the Tow biz!