OK here's the deal. This coming winter me and a few mates want to take a 2 week or so holiday with a big chunk of that being snowboarding.

We're arguing over going to Canada or Japan? Japan is currently winning coz of the eggzotikk and "culture" part ( lol.gif ).

What do you reckon? (None of us are experts - upper beginner / lower inter something like that)

Fabulous website and forum you have here folks.

clap.gif

Japanis all about the powder. If your looking for a resort experience I would go to Canada. For your level there is so much terrain that you will not be sking the same run over and over again.

If you want to travel and ski at the same time japan is the place to go. I would base myself out of Nagano from there you can do 3 or 4 days at 3 or more resorts or valleys. It will keep you from getting bored of one place or the other.

First off. Wrong title. You want Canada vs. Japan right?

Based on your abilities I would have to say that both would be good but your probably not going to be ripping up the steeps found in Canada/US but you should maybe be able to ride the powder here.

So then as it's a vacation I would have to say Japan because then at least you are experiencing a non-english culture.

Both would be good though.