"You had 8 out of 16 questions correct. The good news is you got half right. The bad news is you still suck."

Well, I take comfort in the fact that I got the eight that I can reasonably be expected to know correct.

migs, what d'you think of this stance?; "For those of you who are dedicated Bud, Coors Light, or Blatz drinkers…power to you! Remember, the rule of thumb when it comes to beer is "if you like it, then it’s good.""

Ocean, I personally don't think much of the yellow club soda known as Budweiser, Coors Lite or Blatz. I'll venture to guess that you don't either...

As for the homily: "if you like it, then it's good", how about revising as follows:

"If you like it, then buy me 2-4 of them so I can drink them and make up my own mind heh".

To me, this gives a more serviceable homily good for use in all manner of beer-drinking situations one might encounter.

\:D

In other news, I hit the jackpot today: I went over to "Whole Foods Market" (kind of a posh organic food/imported food supermarket) and got a 12-pack of nice fresh Warsteiner beer that came with 2 free Koelsch-type glasses as part of a store promotion. All this for $10.99!

What are Koelsch-type glasses? Koelsch is a very light summer beer popular in Koln (Cologne) that supposedly tastes like a light pale ale or lager. As with most German beer types, it has its own proper specialty glass. The Koelsch glasses look like tall, straight-sided flutes or shot glasses, but the glass is eggshell thin. Here\'s a piccy for ya\'s. (It's the one on the left.)

Really amazing.

I found I finished a regular bottle in about 60 seconds, then was halfway through another before I realized what I was doing!

They need to install a lower gear on these glasses, if not brakes!

Highly recommended!

Now wait a minute while I go and get another one.