Princess Diana was a neurotic, bed-hopping slag!

I've got a subscription to the "National Enquirer". It's the newspaper with the largest circulation in the US, and they are represented by Covington & Burling, the most stodgy, blue-chip law firm in Washington, DC.

I couldn't get a job there out of law school because I didn't have perfect grade point averages in Uni and Law School, and did not edit a journal...they didn't even give me a second look.

That esteemed firm reads the galleys of every issue of the Enquirer before it goes to press, then advises the Enquirer on what could or could not result in a lawsuit. It's a huge moneymaker for the firm.

The fact that the Enquirer rarely loses a lawsuit means this law firm is doing a good job. The Enquirer only publishes things that are not disprovable...that is different from the "truth" of course. But most of the stuff they print turns out to be true and usually comes out in the "regular" press a couple of weeks or months later.

I hope I never get famous. I sure wouldn't want Enquirer photogs falling out of the trees in my backyard, or going through my trash.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their loss. As you may know, there are plenty of white-shoe firms in Japan. Morrison Forster, Paul Weiss, Sidley Austin, Sherman Sterling, Paul Hasting... Even English magic-circle firms like Allen & Overy and Linklaters have US qualified lawyers if that is your cup of tea.

i'm not saying diana is squeaky clean or anything....just that it's not fair to slag someone off for having a publicly followed love life when they are hounded by the press.

it is really only now that peeps are coming forward and fessing up.....i am sure if she was here still it may be different

Thanks Siren...but I know all about the big-firm lifestyle. I worked at one of those firms for almost 5 years in L.A., then went to their Tokyo office, then was seconded to one of their big clients, then returned to their Tokyo office again.

I'm pretty much burned out on the big-firm attorney thing.

Unemployment suits me much better. Too bad my savings are about run out and it is time to re-enter the workforce...this time I hope to do something more personally meaningful and sustainable.

[/end rant]

\:D