so i took my keitai home to the us for thanksgiving bc i wanted to show and take some pics. and i needed it to call the chuo taxi when i got back to narita. even though i left with a full battery and turned the phone off when i got to the airport, i couldnt turn on the phone at home nor upon my arrival back in japan. when i recharged it, all my data (memory dial, pics) was cleared mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif has this happened to anyone else? my friend who has the same phone said the same thing happened when he took it to england. this sucks!!!

its a jphone/vodafone made by toshiba. bought it last year. the model number is something like ts-51. yeah, i've been complaining to vodafone a bunch, trying to figure why it happened, if its going to happen again. they said that even though the phone was turned off, something about absence of radiowaves made the battery drain and then it reset itself like a new phone... i dont really understand. i want them to give me a new phone with the same number for free, and i got them to agree to not charge me the processing fee to upgrade, but i would still have to pay 3000yen for a new phone. i dont really want to keep my phone if it will clear again the next time i leave the country, but i dont want to pay any money either.