Calling all Aussies! - Aust Day in Hakuba!

hmm... well... errr On Australia Day we celebrate what's great about Australia and being Australian. It's the day to reflect on what we have achieved and what we can be proud of in our great nation.

It's the day for us to re-commit to making Australia an even better place for the future.

so what that basically means is to get your best 'VB' or 'Fosters' t-shirt out, wrap the aussie flag over your shoulders, go to a pub with lots of other aussies drink for the entire day and nite and sing the following songs repeadly until you get chucked out of the pub:-

1. We come from a land downunder

2. Waltzing Matilda

3. Anything by Cold Chisel or AC/DC

And if you truely an aussie upon being thrown out of the establishment your mates are then required to sing the following song "your going home in the back of a divie van".

Things that wont be tolerated on Aussie day

1. any reference to the cocodile hunter

2. the designated driving scheme

3. the aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi chant.

hope this clears things up somewhat!

fr

Good effort, but I gotta say that Australia day means bugger all to me. It is just a national holiday made up for the sake of having a national holiday because all countries seem to have them. A nice thought, but just a day off work.

ANZAC day is the far more meaningful national day. It is happy/sad, everyone gets pissed and it has truue meaning.... which is actually growing as time passes, lest we forget.

I agree with your point re akadaka, beer, Men At Work, and that friggin stupid oi oi oi chant. Some other good but corny OZ music is Gangajang (is that how it is spelt?).

F*ck this, I'm coming home...

a friend of mine entered a roadhouse in the north of WA where some midnight oil was playing. as she paid for her fuel some bloke talking to the shop guy said, "what is about midnight oil? all they sing about is abos and mining"

to which my friend replied, "nah, they sing about rednecks, too"