Airlines baggage nightmares....

Anyone got any nightmare stories?

The worst that has happened to me is my suitcase - containing ALL my clothes - going off to Australia when it should have been coming with me to the US.

mad.gif

My parents coming to Japan also had theirs arrive the day after.

mad.gif

I saw a documentary once about behind the scenes at Heathrow. It was quite an eye-opener. I always want to avoid Heathrow after watching some of the things that apparently went on - bags going missing, bags being opened, the way everything was handles etc etc

In 2002 I went to Steamboat in Colorado. My flight plan was from Glagow-Heathrow-JFK-ST.Louis-Denver.I got as far as JFK ok and I was told to go to 9. So I went to 9. I had time to spare so I had a pint{as you do}Things were a bit quiet.So I asked someone where the plane was.I was at gate 9.I should have been at terminal 9. Panic set in.I rushed over to terminal 9.The flight had closed.and my bags had been pulled off the plane.

I was told that I would find them at the carousel.I waited.My ski bag was missing. eek.gif No problem they said, it will catch you up and I was put on a later plane to St.Louis.On arriving at St.Louise my bag with all my clothes in was missing eek.gif eek.gif Don,t worry they said it will catch you up.With no more flights to Denver that night I booked into a motel.Had a shower and went to bed .It had been a long day.Being jet lagged I did not sleep very well,woke up several times. I decided it must be nearly time to get up, I looked at my watch. eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif 8.20. I had a flight at 9. Rushed round ,got dressed,I opened the door, and it was still dark. I could not get my head round this, so I closed it again opened it once more, Still dark,I had another look at my watch.It was upside down.It was only 10 to 2.So I went back to bed.

Next day I got my flight to Denver OK.and even got to Steamboat without any problems.Apart from having no skis or clothes.My bags turned up the next day.It had been a long Weekend So I managed to get up on the slopes on Tuesday.

The remainder of my holiday was uneventful