The great barrier reef dead by 2050

yip, the barrier reef is already a shadow of its former self \:\( & did u know that the ingredients in sunscreen also kill coral? popular spots on the reef arse in a terrible mess due to this...

& as if global warming isnt already bad enough, check out what the Qld govt want to push trough. I despair for this planet...

http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/news/200307/s908220.htm

The world doesnt give a toss, we keep burning more fossil fuels and smoke stacks pump out more putrid smoke and the evil polluter "China" is fast catching up to the USA who dont give a toss either their President Moron renegged on the Kyoto Protocol in favour of bumping up the economy " screw the environment! the economy is more important!"

progress is paramount! who cares if we we screw up the planet, its all about progress! and when this planet is f***ed we can all go to Mars, why else would Dubya want to start a manned exploration program there?

Asia will be the biggest economic region sooner or later. China is the next superpower. I am going to be called racist, but China doesn't seem to give a shit about the human rights of its citizens or neighbors. Life is worth less in that overcrowded country. Given this, what hope do you think the environment has? They will adopt a 100% scorched earth policy for the sole benefit of economic power. Do you really think a country as inhumane as China will give a toss about trees? No chance. Potential ignorance speaking here but look at what Japan did to their environment: half killed it. I imagine China will be far worse.

Having said this, the western world has done a pretty good job themselves in the last 100 years with the recently (last 30? yrs) more and more Greedy USA at the front of the pack.

The GBR reef has recently become one of the worlds largest no-fishing allowed zones. This unfortunately does not stop the water temp from rising.