Misawa has the most screwed up weather

2 and a half years here and it always throws something new my way. Today is one of those, wtf? days. For the last 3 days we've had winds in the 30 knot range gusting into the 50's and really bad dust storms. I wake up this morning to let the dogs out and it's cold with only light winds and semi-clear (4:30am). At about 6:30am it started raining. At 7:30am it started snowing and snowed throughout the entire day, actually sticking on grass and rooftops and even slushing up the streets. Now here it is, 5:45pm and the temp is rising again and it's just raining out - hard. I just checked the RADAR and it looks like it will be raining with the temp rising through the night.

What a meteorologically weird place this is. I know why, but it's just interesting to experience. I find it hard to understand why people would want to inhabit this place originally. SUCKERS \:D

I've witnessed more weird weather here than in all my years in the states. Oregon is pretty benign as far as weather goes, but it had its moments. Misawa though - damn! Talk about extremes!

Besides opressive heat and humidity down south, does the weather just seem, well, out of whack compared to what you're used to back home? Lots of variety I'd say, and it can change very quickly.

You should experience Manchester, mate.

One minute it's raining, the next it's raining hard. Then it's just cloudy. And then after that it flippin well rains again!!! eek.gif

giggsy, surely you're forgetting Manchester's black ice.

I wiped out on some on my way to the market one morning and a kind middle-aged lady remarked "F*ck, I bet that hurt luv." She wasn't wrong.

I seem to remember weather having fairly predictable patterns until quite recently.

I've been in an alcohol induced coma the last day or so. Okay, so I'm just recovering from my birthday party from saturday still. Anyway, I wake up this morning and damn if it's not absolutely beautiful out! I drove the two km's to circle K to get some breakfast and had the most spectacular view of the snow-capped Hakkodas in front of me.

Warmth to wind to cold to snow to rain to warmth to wind to calm and pleasant - all in less than 4 days. Spring is definately here.

yamayamayama - In the NW US there are 4 very defined seasons. I absolutely loved it. In Japan things just change so quick. As far as violent weather goes, I think the midwest US wins that one. It's ugly and has some of the worst weather in the world - thank God my parents moved me out of Iowa when I was 3!

Plucky...did you say Iowa? Where? (Let me guess, Cedar Rapids). I was lucky enough to be born in Okoboji, Iowa (Northwest corner of Iowa....not too far from Minneapolis) clap.gif ..I came very close to playing baseball for the Cylcones (ISU) but opted for the predictable weather of Hawaii. Summer: hot and sunny....Winter: hot and sunny....Spring....

Happy Birthday old man! clap.gif