Oh now that was funny back in the day. If I remember it went off the boil towards the end (I wonder if it holds up now?...)

------

Anyway, looks like it might be back in 05:

New Targets for Spitting Image

Tony Blair and David Beckham must be quaking already - satirical TV show Spitting Image has announced its return.

The cutting edge comedy and its host of puppets should be back on the screen by 2005 with a cast of new characters expected to include the Prime Minister, President Bush and, of course, Posh and Becks.

Blair will be hoping for kinder treatment than his predecessor John Major who was ridiculed as the Grey Man during the last series in 1996.

Other unforgettable puppets from the ITV show include the Queen, Prince Phillip, and even Her Majesty's pet corgis who put in a regular appearance.

Producer John Lloyd said: "By the time the show finished there was nothing left to say about the people in the public eye. Now there's a whole new cast of characters."

I used to love that programme. I remember it being very risky at times, but sure it would seem lame now. Wouldn't mind seeing some of the good episodes again, I wonder if they have that on dvd or the web somewhere will check