We're looking for property to buy down here, and I'm giving a little thought to where sea levels might be at in the future.

I found this map that appears to give a very rough idea of where sea levels may be at at another time.

chizu.jpg

But does anybody know of any sites with more precise projections? Plucky, Kamo?

I see that the Dutch are now developing floating houses...

Quote:
10.2.4.1. Sea-Level Rise

Current best estimates for sea-level rise—1.0–2.5 mm/yr—represent a rate two to five times higher than that experienced in the past 100 years. Even with assumed stabilization of global greenhouse gas emissions, sea level is projected to continue to rise beyond the year 2100 because of lags in climate response. Regional differences will exist as a result of wind and atmospheric pressure patterns, regional ocean density differences, and oceanic circulation. For Temperate Asia, sea-level rise is projected to be slightly below the global mean value around the Okhotsk Sea and along the coasts south of about 30°N and slightly above the mean elsewhere (IPCC 1996, WG II, Section 9.3.1).

higher sea levels could be good in a few aspects.

1. those really shallow only surfable on a huge high tide spots will become surfable more often

2. my 3 streets back from the beach house may one day be waterfront property!