Did we have this one before?

I'm looking for some cool sunglasses. Preferably ones that I can get made up in my prescription. I'm planning on having it done back home as that'd be much easier and probably cheaper.

Elegant and stylish is what I'm thinking (not sporty)

I have some cool Ray Bans - with pres. lenses. Cost a bit to get the lens duplicated, but worth it. (I dont think Rayban do it themselves, I got mine done at a good opticians who deal in Raybans)

Don't you find there's a slight problem with that? I mean, there's everybody thinking that you're a cool, hip dude, then when you take your sunglasses off, it immediately becomes apparent that you're a cool, hip, blind dude.

nagpants, don't underestimate either the skill or business acumen of Japanese opticians. You can do quite well here.

You can get crappy glasses here cheap. Want something a bit more stylish and prices go up - well they did when I was shopping round anyway. And I would imagine things like putting presc. lenses in designer frames would cost a bit. Might be worth asking though.

Thanks. I did a bit of looking round here. You can get some cheap deals, but mostly crappy looking things. Some opticians seem willing to put lenses into them but as nagoid said one or two also refused to do it (for the sake of my eyes apparently). I think I'll wait for summer when I go back home.