Seen this?

Seems George Michael isn't too happy that people say nasty things about him on his own forum - shutting the thing down. lol.gif

---

George Michael not pleased by fan criticism of weight, music

LONDON (AP) - George Michael might have expected some praise from adoring fans when he set up a chat room on his Web site.

Instead, contributors complained the 41-year-old looked old and overweight and criticized his recent music, prompting the pop singer to announce Thursday he is shutting down the forum. In a message posted on his site, Michael said the negativity was bad for him, his fans and his music.

"Those of you that want to carry on the media's work will have to do it somewhere else I suppose," he wrote.

He signed off: "Sorry guys, but that's the way it goes. ... Peace and Love ... or nothing at all."

The decision prompted a flurry of postings, mostly from supportive fans asking Michael to reconsider.

However, a few deemed the decision unfair and Michael a "control freak."

"It's a fans' forum, it's freedom of speech and I don't think it's down to George to take his ball home and say, 'I'm not playing any more'," one fan wrote.

Just for you!

http://forums.aegean.net/

My sister likes him. Just look at some of the cringy messages on there:

Hi George

I'm just an insignificant girl, I know, but let me drop some lines to express what I feel.

Well, I can't deny I was rather disappointed when I knew of your decision to definitively close the forums, but I respect your choice because I know for sure that you thought it over before taking that. It's a drastic solution, but it's probably the one you think it's the best for you and I can understand your thought.

I can imagine the bad situation you're in; I'm not a famous person at all, but within my small world when someone bitches about me I get furious or anyway annoyed and all I'm able to do is withdrawing into myself; in your case all that is amplified thousand millions of times and it's hard not to be deeply influenced by all that and not to feel like a prisoner (I personally would become paranoid or get completely mad, I'm sure).

So your decision is more than understandable.

We tried your patience more than once; we invaded your privacy by making inquiries about all the aspects of your life and, what's more, we lacked respect towards your partner.

We are all guilty; we're a group and we've to share all responsibilities. You've probably given us some possibilities to remedy and we probably disappointed you more than once.

I'm not here to ask you to change your mind, absolutely not; I only want you to know one only thing: we're not like the media, George, you've forgotten that we ALL love you, from the first to the last member of this forum we all love you.

The media are interested in you only with the aim of getting more and more money, of speculating on your image;

our way of speaking about you, of "bitching" about you if you prefer this term, has not hidden purposes.

When we joined this forum we did it because we wanted to know more about you, we wanted to find friends with whom sharing our great passion for your music and with whom expressing our feelings, hopes, wishes and dreams, and, why not, because we wanted to show you that we always support you.

George, you're the greatest thing(please forgive me this term) we all have in common: each one of us express his love or affection for you in a different way, but it doesn't mean that we don't love you.

You can't imagine how important you are for each one of us.

We're not like the media, George, we love you, don't forget it.

Don't think that the whole world is against you: there's a huge amount of people that love you and support you and that will do it forever, any decision you'll take.

We're among those people, believe it.

Now we've to move to other unofficial forums: it's ok, but it won't be the same, because we know that we don't have your approval any more.

I'm sad and many other members are sad like me, but I want you to know that the true and genuine affection I feel for you will never change.

You're more than a simple singer for me(and for us):

your songs are the soundtrack of my life;

your music is the only one that can speak close to my heart;

your voice is in harmony with my soul and when I listen to it I can see the beauties of life and I can believe that there's always something for which life is worth to be lived;

your lyrics make me feel that you're a great person, George, kind-hearted and oversensitive as very few are.

These were my feelings yesterday

they're the same today

they'll be the same tomorrow.

Thank you for all, George

Forgive us for hurting you, we didn't want to.

We all love you.

I wish you all the best; I wish you'll finally find peace, happiness, true friends and all you wish to find.

_Take care_

lol.gif