band? orchestra? What is it??

Elloo all,

So when does a band become more than a band?

I went and saw the Black Seeds on Friday night. They were great but the group(??) that opened for them were what you could refer to as musical floorplay. All very nice with a promise of something more to come, but no climax.

Needless to say i was nearly asleep when they finished and durning the performance had far too much time to ponder....

They also made me think of cross country skiing. \:D

So does anybody know when a band stops being a band and becomes an orchestra? or is there something in between the two?

ok...sorry guys...let me decipher my cryptic message....

Black Seeds were the main event. They are one of the many xcellent NZ bands out now.

"With two Gold-selling albums in New Zealand and several years of successful touring, Wellington-based band The Black Seeds have received nationwide recognition as one of the country's best acts.

A 8-piece live band, The Black Seeds produce a unique blend of funk, reggae, soul and dub that has set dancefloors alight throughout Aotearoa and sees them regularly sell out shows and tours." - courtesy of:

http://www.theblackseeds.com/index.asp?id=172

The opening band was the one that I couldn't quite figure out - and were so memorable that I've forgotten their name. There was about 12 people in it, alot of brass and sort of a jazzy sound.

So are they a band or??

wakaranai.gif