In the UK this summer I went to "the largest Indian restaurant in the world" - in Cleckheaton (nr Bradford), Yorkshire!!

Whether that is true or not I don't know, but it was certainly an impressive place - an old church hall that has been done up (check out the pics on their site).

They do a buffet for 15 pounds a head with about 8 starters, 12 main meals and 3 sweets all you can eat and it was one of the best Indians I've ever had - excellent food, service, atmosphere.... (One of those places where you turn up at 8pm having only eaten 1 Weetabix for breakfast and nothing since lol.gif )

Anyone ever in that area (or even a couple of hour drive away), highly recommended.

http://www.aakash.co.uk/

Me too. A buffet at a good Indian restaurant is a great idea. I always want to try different things but just don't know what to choose and so revert back to my usual. A buffet is a good way to discover new tastes.

Not sure I'll be in Yorkshire in my life much though \:\(

I had often wanted to try lots of different Indian meals as well, xxx. It is a good idea and they did it very well. And it seems they change the buffet menu round every evening as well, so go a few times and you'll have checked out over 20 different tastes.

I will be back next summer without a doubt.

I've been a couple of times, not too far of a drive for me. Awesome place it is. Once for the buffet and another for a set meal. Both were excellent. It needs hundreds to fill the place up.

Are there any Indians eating in there?

I used to go to a little Indian cafe in Manchester where most of the customers were Indian, and it was half the price of the already cheap 'family' Indian restaurants. The food was a bit rougher in some ways, but maybe tastier for that.

Quote:
Are there any Indians eating in there?
There have been when I have been.

It seems to have quite a reputation - and it really deserves it. The food is definitely not rough, very high quality. \:\)