Enjoy! I just sent my board down south...I'm looking for a 7'6". I am boardless (I've got a boddy board but, please!) I'm gonna hit up the North Shore this winter. i'm probably stranded until it warms up again but please PM me with a going away sale of a 7'6" to an 8-0.!! \:D

Enjoy the weekend ya'll!!

Yesterday, a 31-year old surfer in a group of 8 drowned in Ehime.

There were some weird things in the news item. Ehime isn't particularly known for its surf, at least as far as I know. The 'rescue' seemed to be taking place off cliffs with very little beach at the bottom of them. I've never seen people surfing off anything like that before. And in recent reports of drownings at sea, they always say "And the victim swallowed an awful lot of seawater and later died." Medically speaking, I'd have thought that would result in an awfully big puke rather than death.

Can anybody knowledgeable throw (up) any light on this?

Ehime has surf only in big typhoons apparently.

I think this guy would have died probably from panic more than swallowing water.

Sad thing is that no matter where I go its always Japanese surfers on big days that get them selves in to dangerous positions that they need rescuing to get out of. Bali/Oz/Indo/Mexico etc. Surfers here have lack of respect for the ocean and its power & a major lack of skill to deal with these situations when they arise.

kintaro, I just sold my 7'2! got a 6'10 though. What board U after? hybrid?

Indosnm, I'm looking for a small malibu. I usually ride a 6'6" to a 7' but on the off season in japan I like something a little bigger..7'6'' to 8'. the 7'2" would've worked but i've got just enough room in my car for something a little bigger. I've shipped everything back to hawaii (i'll be moving back soon) and a board to a friend in nagoya so i need something for the fall and spring for japan's little waves. i want something I can kind of thrash on and don't care if i destroy (usded and cheap) \:\)