Think you have a future? Read on...

If you think the past was bad, read about the future .

The first link is about who was really responsible for 9/11, and the second is about when the oil runs out. Did you see George W Bush recently standing about with Dick Cheney saying "The demand fr'oil is increasing, and we haven't done a very good job'a insurin' a supply"? Well, no shit.

Ocean, aside from your American flag waving web site are you still trying to prove to your clients that you can speak/read/interpret American English? Or are you just chillin' b'hind that little computer of yours dishing out s'more shit?

Ssshhhhhhhh! urusai!

Almost forgot, should I buy shares in EXXON or BP?

For anybody who is interested, these items are about Peak Oil - the time when oil will start getting more expensive to extract. Many things suggest that the time is now. Since the societies and civilizations of the world depend on cheap oil, and there are absolutely no alternatives, the prospects are extremely grim. (Human population decline 90 - 100% if the likelihood of nuclear war is factored in.)

The articles are written by Americans (thanks for the warning gentlemen!), and they suggest that 9-11 was facilitated by the US and British govts. to justify a series of wars to grab the last oil. They are highly critical of this policy (no surprises there). Reading them has upset me very much. Indeed, my cheese has slipped a fair way off its cracker. But don't let some complete retard put you off reading it by imagining that it's just more of that 'envy' of the US. The content suggests that the melt-down will hit Americans just as hard as anybody else.

OOOOh, lovely...

Just a quicky, as, par usual, time restraints don't allow for essays.

the scenerio doesn't allow for the obvious... alternative sources of energy, and the exponential growth in these sources, especially as higher oil prices will make many of these energy sources, currently small scale and unable to compete with oil, economically competitive.

As these sources become competitive, and widely available, demand, investment, innovation, mass production will drive down costs and drive up efficiency.

Coupled with this (and reflected in current first world developments to date) are efficiency gains in products that are energy dependent.

Cant happen fast enough? reflect on the speed with which computers developed, coupled with the current situation of too many investors and not enough (real) new ventures (too many bucks, not enough shares). The technology is just waiting in the wings, waiting for oil to become financially unviable.

Oil is used because oil is cheap in the short term. As the oil price rises, it will be replaced as an energy source (check out Japan after the 1970's oil shocks), and it's my opinion that replacing oil based energy sources and it's interdependent network will be the next period of economic growth.

As long as the 'oil shock' to come happens over the medium to long term, we should climb out of dependency all the better for the loss of the polluting slime. (It's my opinion that low oil prices have been kept as such to curtail investment in alternative sources of energy, which would, in effect, render existing oil supplies useless.)

Now, if only the money spent fighting for oil were put into alternative energy R'nD...

Having said all that, I'd like to add that, given recent and not so recent history, government intervention in the free market (as seen regarding 'oil') and full political support for the old industrial oligarchies could spell the disaster laid out in Oceans second link.

It's not the loss of oil that'll kill us, but the inappropriate political responses and the vested interests of a few perverse 'elite' that'll jeopardize (and already has) the lives of many.

What do you guys think of alternative fuel sources? Do you think engines running on salt water have already been developed and covered up by particular governments so that they can stay on top of things since its pretty obvious that whoever controls the oil, controls the world... basically. I know it was on X-Files but it really makes you think.

Have you heard of free energy machines? machines and engines that create their own energy which then creates more energy exponentially for itself to run on? There have been many created but the US government will absolutely NOT recognize any patents nor will they supply funding for further development, why? Because if technology like this were rapidly developed, oil would become almost useless, or needless anyway. But yes, these machines do exist, but of course are not powerful enough for common use yet (would be if there was govt funding though). Thats why I am working on at least a masters in EE so I can join a research team for projects such as this.

I hate everything that is hidden from us by our governments, dont you? mad.gif

One of the reasons I want to forget about everything in the world and move to the mountains.

> One of the reasons I want to forget about everything in the world and move to the mountains

Well, I plan to put the second half of that into effect as soon as possible.

sakitumi, I think the problem is far more political than technological. If people knew more about the issues, they would want to do something about it out of sheer self-interest. They might even be prepared to make fairly drastic sacrifices. They might not even regard giving up aspects of their current way of life as sacrifice (I wouldn't, that's for sure). Sorting out the political problems will allow more time for considering sustainable models and working out what technologies will support it, and whether or not they are really workable.

Your government and my government are imperial powers and are seeking, and probably failing, to maintain that status. The sooner and more decisively they fail, the better for everybody. Anything we can do to hasten that is in our interest.

As you might be able to tell, I'm fairly convinced about this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Siren:
What kind of forecaster are you (if you don't think/care politic)? Weatherman?
Yes, regional weather forecaster for Japan and Korea (south), I create forecasts for flights though, not land dwellers. Such things as icing, turbulence anything that might pose a threat to any aircraft requesting my service, yes I am responsible if that aircraft crashes due to unpredicted weather and yes I hate my job ;\)