Bit of a shocking report here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/article/0,2763,1300147,00.html

"One in four women say they have had a drink spiked in a club or pub. The most likely place to be drugged and raped in Britain is Cardiff. In the first national survey of its kind, Maggie O'Kane reports on the shocking escalation of drug rape - and speaks to some of the women who have survived it."

Scary stuff. When I first came to Japan years ago I went to see someone I knew playing in a band, and the bass player offered me a lift home. I'd had rides from other musicians before, so no problems. He and his Japanese roady came in for a cuppa, and some time later I started to feel like I was on speed. Yup, he'd spiked my tea, which he had offered to pour once the water boiled. But he wasn't the raping type. I confronted him with it once I finally figured out what must have happened, and he said he thought I'd like it. Obviously he also assumed I'd get horny (or appreciative for the unwanted drug in my system) and would show my thanks. He made his move but didn't pursue it further when it was obvious I wasn't interested. Then he started going on about 'damn, how does that other musician get all the girls?' (the guy I know in that band). I guess he thought I was doing the other guy and that with a little chemical help I'd be interested in doing him too. A*shole. Only now that I'm writing this I wonder how many J-women he's done that to.

I saw him a few years later at a gig and he apologised to me, he seemed genuinely sorry, yeh well, who knows. I listened to what he had to say but I didn't have much sympathy or forgiveness. Anyway he's long since gone from Japan. He had a reputation for being pretty crazy but I didn't know that at the time.

Reminds me of the song Date Rape by Sublime

And when caught these people get what they deserve in jail. Just like in final bit to the song

"That night in jail it was getting late.

He was butt-raped by a large inmate, and he screamed.

But the guards paid no attention to his cries.

That's when things got out of control.

The moral of the date rape story, it does not pay to be drunk and horny.

But that's the way it had to be.

They locked him up and threw away the key.

Well, I can't take pity on men of his kind,

Even though he now takes it in the behind.

That's the way it had to be.

They locked him up and threw away the key.

Well, I can't take pity on men of his kind,

Even though he now takes it in the behind."